Does no one else find this ridiculous? That every boss in the game can kill you in one or two hits? Balance your bosses GGG, this is unacceptable. There’s nothing fun about dying every five seconds because you can’t find a better way to make bosses difficult. You can theory builds above 5000 or so HP pretty easily – but to GET them requires T1 health rolls, well above 200% HP, good strength levels, and above all currency. “budget’ health is much lower than funded health unfortunately.
1. Learn to move and avoid that which is avoidable. Dont just stand there and expect the boss to not try and smash your face in.
2. Learn how to level a build. If you are lvl 70 with 1500 hp, you are going to get one shot by everything. You probably need to start over.
3. Stop trying to craft and use your POE currency to make trades and acquire small upgrades. Hopefully with more life, movement speed, and resists. If you are wearing a unique in every slot, you are probably just a moron.
4. Go watch somone else do it. I mean, if you cant kill that boss, at least watch someone who can, so you know what you are doing.
5. Build a Champion warchief totem character. It has totems that taunt. This is pretty much easy mode right now. You could be and still play this build.
6. Don’t come into discussions with a thread complaining about one shot mechanics. The developers put those in on purpose. They don’t want you to breeze your way to end game content if you dont know what you are doing. If you get a “get gud” response, take heed. Devs won’t make the game easier to cater to people who are so challenged they complain about it, but not challenged enough to just try and improve.
With all that said, the character and the experience you want from the game is up to you. If you wish to be part caster + part summoner, you’re free to do so. The main thing is that you need to take into consideration what the game is telling you. If it doesn’t feel like you’re able to progress at a steady pace due to consistent deaths, take the opportunity to make changes to your character’s survivability. Flasks, life, ES, evasion, dodge, block, armor, Enfeeble, Temporal Chains, movement abilities, Decoy Totem, Fortify, endurance charges, elemental resistances, Arctic Armour, leech, life regen, Mind over Matter — there’s a lot of available tactics for increasing your character’s defenses. Your best bet is “layering” defenses on top of a moderate health / ES pool. https://www.u4gm.com/path-of-exile